Tuesday, October 21, 2008

 

The prompt given was "I dress for you in…"

I dress for you in shades of blue
Although it is a saddening hue
It pleased me as our young love grew
To do anything that pleased you too
I dressed for you in shades of blue.

I dress for you in shades of gray
It matched your eyes you liked to say
But now you've gone your separate way
And I long for you throughout the day
I dress for you in shades of gray.

I dressed for you in shades of red
And tried to lure you to my bed.
You need more time is what you said
Before my longing lust you fed
I dressed for you in shades of red.

I dressed for you in shades of black
In hopes somehow I'd win you back
To reconcile I have no knack
It's yet another skill I lack
I dressed for you in shades of black.

Hear me! I'll never dress for you in orange!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?