Thursday, August 02, 2012

 

Cave Man and Cave Woman (Continued)



The topic this week was "The Importance of Time.'

One bright midsummer day, Cave Man and Cave woman were out walking, hand in hand, northward, toward the huge blue-white mass on the horizon.

He: It seems closer every day.

She: That’s the way it is with glaciers. It surely means another ice age is starting. I guess we’ll have to pack up and move south. All the big game seems to have left already.

He: I suppose.

She: If you’d only hurry up and invent the wheel like I asked you to, moving would become a lot easier. Ever since we started toolmaking we’ve begun to accumulate lots more stuff. What’s keeping you?

He: I don’t know what shape to make it.

She: Why is that important? Make it any shape. I thought you were thinking about making it round. What’s wrong with round?

He: Downhill it will roll out of control.

She: Then make it square. Or maybe you’d better not. The ride will be too bumpy as you pull me along.

Suddenly, from behind a huge boulder, a massive head appeared.

It: Hi guys. What’s happenin?

She: Buzz off. What are you doing here? You’re supposed to be extinct. Your era ended ages ago. Don’t you understand the importance of time? What species are you anyway?

It: I’m the last of the Dinosaurus sexipottis - a species unknown to Modern Man.

He: Why so?

It: I’m rare. They haven’t found any fossils of my bones or teeth. They have no idea that I existed. They think those cave drawings were done by your species. They can’t conceive of another type of creature being so artistic.

She: You call that artistic? Not to my taste. And you’re so sloppy with your paints. You can’t possibly have a good excuse for the mess you make.

It: I think you’re quite rude.

She : I don’t care what you think!

Then it flicked its huge tongue, slurped them both into its cavernous mouth and swallowed them whole.

It: Urp!


Moral: Sometimes it doesn’t pay to be right. Sometimes it is better to just run like hell.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?